4942 Maindy Hall, GWR 4900 Hall Class
Donor frame for the GWR Saint Class new-build, not a complete preserved GWR Hall. Built at Swindon Works in 1929 and rescued from Woodham Brothers' scrapyard at Barry, South Wales after withdrawal from British Railways service in 1963. Acquired by the Great Western Society at Didcot Railway Centre.
In 2014, 4942 Maindy Hall was dismantled and her frames, the most fundamental structural component of a steam locomotive, were donated to the new-build GWR Saint Class 2999 Lady of Legend. The new-build entered operation at Didcot in 2019, in effect reversing Collett's 1924 conversion of Saint 2925 Saint Martin into the prototype Hall.
4942 Maindy Hall will not be reassembled in her own identity. The pages are kept for the historical record of the engine's contribution to the new-build Saint.

